Monday, January 4, 2010

Super-Charge Your Goals to Create What You Really Want

By Carol Tuttle

Carol Tuttle is a Master Energy Therapist and the author of the best-selling book, Remembering Wholeness: A Personal Handbook for Thriving in the 21st Century.

The tradition for the new year is to write-out goals for ourselves. Typically these goals are written as something that will be happening in our future.

This year choose to write your goals as "I am" statements. You can even include your feelings of gratitude by stating your goals as "I am grateful for ..."

Using the affirmation technique allows you to tap into the power of your being, the power of God that lies within you. This power can change your life faster than any other resource you have.

Several years ago when I first started to use this technique I had a goal of running my first marathon. I chose this goal because for most of my life I have had the limiting belief that I am not a runner and I could never run much more than a few miles.

Living in Utah also added to my limiting beliefs because I live at a high altitude where it is even harder to run. The longest distance I had ever run before I made this goal was 5 miles when I was in college.

I know that we are designed to overcome challenges. So I now choose my challenges rather than to experience the struggles of life choosing me. The first few words of my book, Remembering Wholeness: A Personal Handbook for Thriving in the 21st Century, are "Challenges feed us, Struggles deplete us."

To write my goal as an affirmation sounded like this:

I am grateful that I am successfully running a marathon in April.

I look forward to my training time and the preparations that will create this to be an awesome experience.

I am grateful for all the spiritual help I am receiving that supports me in fine-tuning my body to achieve this goal.

I am grateful to my body for its strength and endurance, it enjoys running, I enjoy running.

I am having fun with this challenge.

Whenever I run I imagine I am running the marathon and I am successfully completing it. I get exhilarated crossing the finishing line. I now enjoy and look forward to running.

I am creating a healthy, invigorating challenge rather than a life-exhausting, painful, emotional challenge.

Take your New Year's resolutions and create affirmation statements with them. Ask God, the angels and the powers of the universe to assist you in creating your dreams for 2006.

My affirmations worked so well, I not only ran my first marathon in April 2001, I have run 15 more since then.

Take some time now to review these three areas of your life:

Your Health, your finances, and your relationships. Write 10 "I am" statements for each category of your life. Add to your list each week for the entire month. Use your "I am" statements with a powerful technique called an Energy Circle to create your dreams with God's help.

In my book Remembering Wholeness: A Personal Handbook for Thriving in the 21st Century you will learn how to do Energy Circles along with many other techniques to create a better life. The door is wide open you for you to go there now. Let yourself have a better life.

2 comments:

  1. I think it sounds good, I just wonder how long I can keep it up.

    ReplyDelete